Tembec has higher and hire expectations in specialty cellulose – and we’re looking to hire in lumber, pulp and paper, too.
Specialty cellulose is used to bind, strengthen, thicken and generally improve a tremendous range of products – in the pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, packaged foods, coatings, electronics, construction and energy industries.
These industries are generally outgrowing the global economy, helping spur demand for specialty cellulose. And this exciting growth business complements Tembec’s traditional forest products – lumber, pulp and paper.
Tembec’s game-changing investment
We have announced the first phase of a $310 million investment in our Temiscaming, Québec, specialty cellulose facility. It’s one of the largest expansions in years for Canada’s forest products industry, underling our commitment to the business.
Phase 1, a $190 million investment, is now underway. The project will increase specialty cellulose capacity and improve environmental performance. It will also increase Tembec’s output of green electricity, one of our many co-products. All this will make Temiscaming one of our industry’s lowest-cost manufacturing facilities.
We’re looking to hire people who aim high, across Canada
Professional, technical and management positions are now open in all our businesses – simply click and apply!
- Coordinator – Human Resources (replacement) – Kapuskasing
- Superintendent - Steam – Kapuskasing
- Superintendent - Production – Kapuskasing
- Superintendent - Production – Cochrane
- Superintendent - Maintenance – Cochrane
- Operating Assistant – Paper Machine 5 – Kapuskasing
- Supervisor - Mechanical – Kapuskasing
- Superintendent – Power and Recovery – Temiscaming
- Manager – Health and Safety – Temiscaming
- Engineer – Electrical / Instrumentation – Temiscaming
- Engineer – Junior – Temiscaming
- Shift Supervisor – Fiberline – Temiscaming
- General Manager – Specialty Cellulose – Temiscaming
- Engineer - Mechanical – Temiscaming
- Planner – Maintenance and Electrical/Instrumentation – Temiscaming
- Supervisor - Electrical/Instrumentation Maintenance – Matane
- Shift Supervisor – La Sarre
- Shift Supervisor – Temiscaming
- Supervisor - Maintenance – Senneterre
- Specialist – Power and Recovery – Temiscaming
- Engineer - Electrical – Temiscaming
President and CEO James Lopez
"We will be a forest products company like few others. The investments we're making are going to be difference makers because most of the businesses we focus on – like the specialty cellulose business – will set us apart."