Accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities
Tembec, Ontario facilities, will strive to ensure that all customer services, as well as information and communication services, follow the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity. We respect and support the principles and requirements set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005). We will ensure that our policies, procedures, equipment requirements, training for employees and best practices are consistent with the legislative standards and are reviewed on a regular basis.
Tembec has an important responsibility for ensuring that we are providing an accessible and barrier-free environment for everyone in Ontario. For more detailed information please email email@example.com to request a copy of our accessibility plan or request additional information.
Multi-year accessiblity plan
Tembec, Ontario facilities are committed to meeting the requirements set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005). Tembec has established a representative team to investigate barriers and review, update and revise policies and procedure that apply to Ontario employees, to ensure compliance with the following areas as set out in the Act. This multi-year plan is to be fully implemented and complete between 2014 and 2021.
Statement of Commitment
Tembec, Ontario facilities are committed to providing our services in a manner that is accessible to all of our clients, customers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, visitors, and other stakeholders who enter our premises or who access our information in Ontario. We are dedicated to offering equal opportunity to access our services and to providing a safe, dignified and welcoming environment for everyone.
Tembec, Ontario facilities shall provide training to our employees and contractors on Ontario’s accessibilities laws and on the Ontario Human Rights Code, as it relates to people with disabilities. We will continue to take the necessary steps to ensure that training is provided to our employees and contractors in a way that best suits their duties in order to meet Ontario’s accessibility laws by January 1, 2016.
Feedback, Information and Communications
Tembec, Ontario facilities shall:
- Ensure new websites and content on those sites conform to WCAG 2.0, Level A.
- Ensure that existing feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities upon request.
- Ensure all publicly available information is made accessible upon request by January 1, 2016.
- Ensure all websites and content conform to WCAG 2.0, Level AA by January 1, 2021.
Accessible Emergency Information
Tembec, Ontario facilities shall provide disabled employees with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
- By January 1, 2016, Tembec, Ontario facilities will notify the public and employees that, when requested, we accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired.
- Tembec, Ontario facilities have a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability. We will review our policies and update our documents to ensure compliance with the laws in Ontario.
- Tembec, Ontario facilities will review our policies and update our documents to ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account in its performance management, career development and redeployment processes.
Design of Public Spaces
We will investigate Tembec’s responsibilities when it comes to meeting the Accessibility Standards for the Design of Public Spaces in Ontario.
For more information on this accessibility plan or to request an accessible format of this document, please contact the following individual:
Name: Andre Ouimette, Vice-President, Ontario Operations
Your feedback is important in helping us improve in providing an accessible and barrier-free environment for everyone. We will review all comments and address any issues brought forward. You may reach us using this email : firstname.lastname@example.org